Franklin Gregory is a Senior Researcher (R3) of the BIO-TALENT team at the Department of Integrative Plant Biology, Institute of Plant Genetics of the Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland. Before moving to Poland, he was an assistant professor/ researcher, leading his own group at the Department of Biology, University of Minho, Portugal. After obtaining his PhD in Plant Biotechnology from the University of Madras (Chennai, India), he underwent postdoctoral training at various institutions, including Indian Institute of Science (Bangalore, India), University of Toledo (OH, USA), King Faisal University (Saudi Arabia) and University of Minho (Braga, Portugal). In addition to a PhD, he also holds an LLM degree in European and Transglobal Business Law with specialization in Intellectual Property Rights from the University of Minho. His current research focuses on the application of biotechnology for plant improvement, metabolic engineering in plants to produce pharmaceutically important secondary metabolites, exploration of new drug leads and Nano drug delivery. He has published several research articles (H-index 13) and serves as an Editorial Board member of Scientifica (USA). He has co-ordinated both industrial as well as research projects. He is a scientific entrepreneur strongly motivated towards applying research findings for business development, job creation, and human welfare.
1. Gregory Marslin, Rajendran K Selvakesavan, Gregory Franklin, Bruno Sarmento, Alberto CP Dias (2015) Antimicrobial activity of cream incorporated with silver nanoparticles biosynthesized from Withania somnifera. International Journal of Nanomedicine 10: 5955—5963
2. Gregory Marslin, Revina Ann Mary, Vinoth Kumar Megraj Khandelwal, Balakumar Krishnamoorthy, Caroline J Sheeba, Franklin G (2015) PEGylated ofloxacin nanoparticles render strong antibacterial activity against many clinically important human pathogens Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 132:62-70.
3. Vamshikrishna Karanam, Gregory Marslin, Balakumar Krishnamoorthy, Vijayaraghavan C, Habibur Rahman SM, Karthik S, Tamilselvan N, Hari Prasad R, Divakar S, Franklin G (2015) Carboplatin nanopolymersomes conjugated with transferrin for targeting brain glioma. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 130: 48–52.
4. Gregory Marslin, Revina Ann Mary, Vinoth Kumar Megraj Khandelwal, Balakumar Krishnamoorthy, Caroline J Sheeba, Franklin G (2015) PEGylated ofloxacin nanoparticles render strong antibacterial activity against many clinically important human pathogens Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 132:62-70.
5. Ana C Carvalho, Franklin G, Alberto C Dias, Cristovao F. Lima (2014) Methanolic extract of Hypericum perforatum cells elicited with Agrobacterium tumefaciens provides protection against oxidative stress induced in human hepg2 cells. Industrial Crops and Products 59: 177-183
6. Sheeba CJ, Gregory Marslin, Franklin G (2014) Signaling pathways influencing tumor microenvironment and their exploitation for targeted drug delivery. Nanotechnology Reviews. 3:123-151